Last update on: 26 September 2019
By accessing or using the applications and services owned or operated by Mappos Limited (“mappos”, “we”, “us”), whether through our software app(s) or website (our "Services"), you are accepting and agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth below (these "Terms").
We may modify the Terms at any time, at our sole discretion. If you continue to use the Services after we've notified you that the Terms have been modified, you are agreeing to be bound by the modified Terms. If you don't agree to be bound by the modified Terms then you must terminate your use of the Services. Because our Services continue to evolve, we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion, however you always have a right to terminate at any time. In case of material modifications to the Terms, the Services or the pricing or in case of modifications that are disadvantageous to you, such modified version of the Terms only applies after you have accepted it.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, mappos grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license to download and install a copy of our mappos finder app (the "App") on a single mobile device that you own or control and to run such copy of the App and use our Services solely for your own personal non-commercial purposes. We reserve all rights in and to the App and Services not expressly granted to you under these Terms. You may not: (i) copy (save to the extent required to use the App and Services for your own personal use or to make a backup copy), modify or create derivative works based on the App or Services; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App, unless explicitly permitted by applicable law; or (iv) make the functionality of the App or Services available to multiple users through any means.
Downloading Our App
When you download our App from the Apple App Store, Google Play or other app store or app distribution platform (an "App Store"), you acknowledge and agree that:
- These Terms are concluded between us, and not with the App Store, and that we (not the App Store), are solely responsible for our App.
- The App Store has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to our App or handle any warranty claims.
- The App Store is not responsible for addressing any claims you have relating to our App, including product liability claims, consumer protection claims, intellectual property infringement claims, or any claim that our App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement.
- The App Store is a third party beneficiary of these Terms and has the right to enforce these Terms against you (as it relates to your license of our App through their App Store). You must also comply with the App Store's terms of service when using our App.
Creating an Account
In order to use certain features of our Services, you must have an account with us. By creating an account, you represent that (a) all required information you provide is truthful and accurate; (b) you are of legal age to agree to these Terms; and (c) your use of our Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation or these Terms. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for any and all use of your account. You should notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You may not (a) use the account or username of any other user; (b) allow someone else to use your account or username; or (c) sell, lend, transfer, or otherwise share your account, temporarily or permanently, with someone else. If you violate these Terms, we reserve the right to issue you a warning, suspend or even terminate your account (along with your ability to access and use the Services).
Consent to Processing of Your Location Data:
Alerts and Notifications
As part of the Services we provide, you may (if enabled) receive push notifications, text messages, alerts, emails, or other types of messages directly sent to you outside or inside the App ("Push Messages"). You have control over the Push Messages settings, and can opt in or out of these Push Messages through the Services (with the possible exception of infrequent, important service announcements and administrative messages). Please be aware that third party messaging fees may occur for some of the Push Messages depending on the message plan you have with your wireless carrier.
Content You Provide
You are responsible for the content, such as any text, images, and other material and information, that you upload or post on or through our Services (your "Content"), and its legality, reliability, and appropriateness. You should only upload or post Content that you create or have the right to use and publish. You agree that we can also make your Content available to other users of the Services in connection with using our Services, who may view and/or use your Content, subject to these Terms.
We have the right (but not the obligation) to review any or all portions of your Content and delete (or modify) any of your Content from our Services for any reason, including if we believe, in our sole judgment, your Content violates these Terms, or that we believe threatens the safety of, or harms any other person, or creates liability for us or any other person. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to investigate and take appropriate action, including removing your Content from our Services (or modifying it), suspending or terminating your account and/or suspending or terminating the provision of our Services to you, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities, if you violate any provision of these Terms. In order to cooperate with governmental requests, subpoenas or court orders, to protect our systems, service providers, partners, and other users, or to ensure the integrity and operation of our business and systems, we may access and disclose any information or content necessary, including your account information (i.e. name, e-mail address, etc.), IP address and traffic information, usage history, your Content, and your conduct.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Use the Services or Content for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Use the Services to track the location of, or collect any personally identifiable information from, any other person without their express permission;
- Intercept or "sniff" the communication packets between the mappos hardware and mobile devices or attempt to reverse engineer the app protocol;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, mappos's computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of mappos's providers;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or Content or download Content from the Services through the use of any tool, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by mappos or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances; - Violate any applicable law or regulation, including by stalking, harassing, or tracking others for unlawful or criminal purposes; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
It is our policy to remove, or disable access to, material that infringes any copyright on our Services after we have been notified by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on through our Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- an identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our Services;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be sent to us either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX
Third Party Links
Our Services may contain links to content or services provided by third parties ("Third Party Links"). These Third Party Links are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their content, services, performance, operation, availability, business practices or policies. We are providing these Third Party Links to you only as a convenience but we do not imply any endorsement or recommendation of their content or services, or of any association of us with such third parties. If you access any of these Third Party Links, you do this entirely at your own risk and any charges or obligations you incur in your dealings with these third parties, are your responsibility. The websites available through the Third Party Links are subject to their own terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices.
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in our Products, App and Services, including the underlying software and technology and the information and content available on our Services, are owned by us and our suppliers (including other users), and are protected by law throughout the world. If you provide any suggestions, ideas, feedback, or recommendations to us regarding our Products, App or Services ("Feedback"), we may use this Feedback for any purpose and without any obligation to you. By providing us with Feedback, you give us a worldwide, irrevocable, fully-paid and royalty-free license to use and exploit in any manner any and all Feedback for the full period of such Feedback’s legal protection under any applicable intellectual property right recognized in any jurisdiction in the world.
Termination and Cancellation
You can terminate your account at any time by deactivating your account or by providing notice of termination to us. We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your account or your access to any or all portions of the Services at any time (with reasonable notice if required by applicable law), for any reason, including your violation or breach of any provision in these Terms. Upon termination, all rights and licenses granted to you in these Terms immediately end. If your account or access to our Services is terminated or suspended because you violated these Terms, you will not be entitled to any refund of any fees or payments and you will have no further right to access any of the foregoing or your account. For further information regarding your right to return the Product and cancel the Services, please see our Warranty and Refund Policy at www.mappos.com.
Mappos Limited Warranty
mappos’s limited warranty is available on our Warranty and Refund Policy page, available at www.mappos.com and is incorporated by reference into these Terms.
THE APP AND THE SERVICES ARE DESIGNED SOLELY TO HELP YOU LOCATE YOUR PERSONAL ITEMS (SUCH AS KEYS, WALLETS, AND BACKPACKS) WITHIN A CLOSE PROXIMITY. THEY ARE NOT DESIGNED NOR DO THEY PROVIDE ANY REAL-TIME TRACKING CAPABILITIES. WE DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE APP AND/OR THE SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN THEIR INTENDED DESIGN.
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to or application of conflicts of law rules or principles. However, these Terms will be governed by the law of the country in which you are domiciled if you are domiciled in the European Economic Area and the courts of that country will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this Agreement. If you are in the EU and we are unable to resolve any disputes, you may have certain rights to refer disputes to the EU’s Online Dispute Resolution platform at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm If any part of these Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at: email@example.com.